Mock Draft #1
1) Oakland Raiders: Calvin Johnson/WR/Georgia Tech
Analysis: Owner Al Davis loves Johnson's potential and feels Johnson gives the team the badly needed playmaking ability they're not getting from veteran WR Randy Moss.
Other possibilities: QB JaMarcus Russell or a trade down.
2) Detroit Lions: Gaines Adams/DE/Clemson
Analysis: They badly need pass rush help and Adams will give them that.
Other possibilities: Ultimately, the Lions would prefer to move down a few slots, collect some extra picks, and select Adams.
3) Cleveland Browns: JaMarcus Russell/QB/LSU
Analysis: They finally get their franchise signal caller.
Other possibilities: Joe Thomas or Adrian Peterson who would fill other needs.
4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Amobi Okoye/DT/Louisville
Analysis: After trading veteran DT Anthony McFarland last year, they're in major need of a young interior defensive tackle.
Other possibilities: They'd take Gaines Adams here if he dropped.
5) Arizona Cardinals: Joe Thomas/OT/Wisconsin
Analysis: They'll probably turn the card in quickly for this selection of Joe Thomas who would finally give them a franchise left tackle.
Other possibilities: Trade down to select Jamaal Anderson.
6) Washington Redskins: Jamaal Anderson/DE/Arkansas
Analysis: They badly need a defensive end to help boost their sack paltry sack total of 19 from last season.
Other possibilities: We expect them to deal this pick where they could select Anderson a few selections down. A trade for Chicago Bear LB Lance Briggs is still a possibility for this selection.
7) Minnesota Vikings: Adrian Peterson/RB/Oklahoma
Analysis: He would give the team a great one-two punch at the position.
Other possibilities: Jamaal Anderson, if he drops or LaRon Landry.
8) Atlanta Falcons (from Houston): LaRon Landry/S/LSU
Analysis: They need a playmaker in the secondary and Landry would give them that.
Other possibilities: Adam Carriker or Jamaal Anderson if he drops to them.
9) Miami Dolphins: Brady Quinn/QB/Notre Dame
Analysis: They could finally solve their issue at quarterback with this selection.
Other possibilities: Leon Hall or Adam Carriker who fits their scheme well.
10) Houston Texans (from Atlanta): Leon Hall/CB/Michigan
Analysis: They badly need a cornerback to start opposite Dunta Robinson.
Other possibilities: Revis or a trade down to select Darrelle Revis or Reggie Nelson.
11) San Francisco 49ers: Adam Carriker/DE/Nebraska
Analysis: Carriker is exactly the end they need to fit their 3-4 scheme.
Other possibilities: Patrick Willis is a strong consideration here as is Ted Ginn.
12) Buffalo Bills: Patrick Willis/MLB/Mississippi
Analysis: They're looking for a system fit at MLB and Willis is it. That way they can keep LB Angelo Crowell outside.
Other possibilities: Marshawn Lynch to fill a major need.
13) St. Louis Rams: Darrelle Revis/CB/Pittsburgh
Analysis: They need to replace journeyman CB Fakhir Brown.
Other possibilities: A trade down for Alan Branch or a trade up for Carriker.
14) Carolina Panthers: Reggie Nelson/S/Florida
Analysis: They're looking for veteran S Mike Minter's replacement.
Other possibilities: Olsen who would finally give them their first solid tight end since Wesley Walls.
15) Pittsburgh Steelers: Anthony Spencer/OLB-DE/Purdue
Analysis: They need a younger replacement for veteran OLB Joey Porter.
Other possibilities: Carriker if he drops. A surprise selection would be Ted Ginn here who would handle special teams returns and give new offensive coordinator Bruce Arian an explosive playmaker.
16) Green Bay: Marshawn Lynch/RB/California
Analysis: He'll fill a major need.
Other possibilities: Ted Ginn who would give them badly needed speed at receiver.
17) Jacksonville Jaguars: Jarvis Moss/DE/Florida
Analysis: They badly need pass rush help.
Other possibilities: Reggie Nelson if he makes it here or Ted Ginn who would finally give them a receiver with true football speed.
18) Cincinnati Bengals: Aaron Ross/CB/Texas
Analysis: They badly need a young cornerback who is capable of starting.
Other possibilities: Alan Branch who would fill a need.
19) Tennessee Titans: Robert Meachem/WR/Tennessee
Analysis: He would fill a major need for the team.
Other possibilities: Ted Ginn or Dwayne Jarrett.
20) New York Giants: Joe Staley/OT/Central Michigan
Analysis: After releasing veteran LT Luke Petitgout, Staley will be his replacement.
Other possibilities: Alan Branch or Aaron Ross if he drops.
21) Denver Broncos: Alan Branch/DT/Michigan
Analysis: They're looking for defensive line help.
Other possibilities: Michael Griffin who would fill another need.
22) Dallas Cowboys: Dwayne Bowe/WR/LSU
Analysis: He'll give them immediate depth plus he could be the eventual replacement for veteran WR Terrell Owens.
Other possibilities: Robert Meachem or Anthony Spencer if they drop.
23) Kansas City Chiefs: Levi Brown/OT/Penn St.
Analysis: The ability to play both tackles spots is enticing for a team with a mediocre offensive line.
Other possibilities: Ginn.
24) New England Patriots (from Seattle): Paul Posluszny/LB/Penn St.
Analysis: They have a big need for a young inside linebacker.
Other possibilities: Chris Houston who also would fill another need, Marcus McCauley, or Ted Ginn.
25) New York Jets: Greg Olsen/TE/Miami-Fla.
Analysis: They have a big need for a young playmaker at the position.
Other possibilities: One of the top remaining CBs.
26) Philadelphia Eagles: Michael Griffin/S/Texas
Analysis: Here's the eventual replacement for veteran S Brian Dawkins.
Other possibilities: One of the top remaining CBs who could challenge CB Sheldon Brown.
27) New Orleans Saints: Justin Harrell/DT/Tennessee
Analysis: They badly need a young interior defensive lineman.
Other possibilities: Olsen if he drops, one of the top remaining CBs, or Ted Ginn.
28) New England Patriots: Marcus McCauley/CB/Fresno St.
Analysis: He would fill a need for a young cornerback.
Other possibilities: Ginn.
29) Baltimore Ravens: Ben Grubbs/G/Auburn
Analysis: They're looking for interior help for the offensive line.
Other possibilities: Ginn or one of the top remaining CBs
30) San Diego Chargers: Ted Ginn Jr./WR/Ohio St.
Analysis: Boy do they need a young receiver who can run.
Other possibilities: Michael Griffin if he drops.
31) Chicago Bears: Lawrence Timmons/LB/Florida St.
Analysis: He would be the replacement for Briggs if needed.
Other possibilities: Best remaining CB.
32) Indianapolis Colts: Anthony Gonzalez/WR/Ohio St.
Analysis: They're looking for a slot receiver.
Other possibilities: Dwayne Jarrett or Justin Harrell if he drops.
Scout.com's insiders are at it again with their biggest update of the season. Will Alan Faneca…